Exempt pension income from UK tax

I came  to Cyprus on 10 January 2015 to live here and am a pensioner. What do I need to do from a tax point of view in order to exempt my pension income from UK tax and have it taxed in Cyprus?

First of all I hope you enjoy your stay in Cyprus.

You need to go through Immigration procedures within 4 months of arrival and obtain your registration certificate. As you will be here for more than 183 days in the calendar year you will be resident here and therefore will need to register with the Cypriot tax office.

There are forms to complete including DT/Individual form.This form will need to have €80 of stamps.

The tax office will authorise the DT/Individual form and submit it to the UK Inland revenue who in turn will eventually inform the pension payer to pay the pension gross. The pension will be reportable on your Cyprus tax return and you will pay tax here at a much reduced rate. You may also need to complete a form P85 and submit it to your UK Tax office.

As you will continue to pay tax in the UK on your pension for the period from 10 January 2015 to the date the UK revenue informs the pension payer to pay the pension gross you will be due a UK tax refund for that period.

Clearly Read can help you to complete all the forms and obtain the correct amount of refunds for you.

0 comments on “Exempt pension income from UK taxAdd yours →

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *